- 5th Annual Multi-Jurisdictional Law Enforcement Explorer Academy
- Upcoming Multi-Jurisdictional Explorer Academy
- Explorer Post 900 Participates In The 2016 Florida Association of Police Explorers Delegates Training And Competition
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Explorer Post 900 Participates In the 2015 Florida Association of Police Explorers State Competition
- Explorer Post#900 Attends Out Island High Adventure Camp at BSA Florida Sea Base
About Explorer Post #900
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Law Enforcement Explorer Program, Explorer Post #900, offers young people the opportunity to experience firsthand the challenges and rewards of public safety careers.
From Patrol and Corrections to Investigations, Forensics, Training, and more, Post #900 Explorers are immersed in several facets of our agency’s operations and has earned national championships in several Law Enforcement Exploring categories.
Explorers interact with deputy sheriffs who serve as mentors and instructors, some of whom were once Explorers themselves.
The Law Enforcement Explorer Program is affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America and is free for students. To become a Post #900 Explorer, applicants must be:
• Between ages 14 and 21 years old
• Enrolled in high school, home school, or a local college
• A good student with regular attendance and a minimum 2.0 or “C” grade point average
• Of good moral character with no felony convictions
- We will request references and conduct a background check.
• Able to perform physical activities and arrange transportation to meetings and training sessions
- Shuttle service may be available.
- Meetings are Tuesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at:
Pinellas County Sheriff's Office
10750 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33778
*Please save the PDF application to your computer first before filling out the information requested.
Is there an event that you would like the Explorer's to assist with? If so, click here to fill out a contact form.